Thursday, November 25, 2010

In the Interim

I suddenly find myself with a lot of time on my hands. The first thing I'm concentrating on is getting back in touch with the people I've semi-ignored during the past 5+ weeks of intensive debate prep (I'm sorry!); my next project will be bringing the blog up to date.

In the meantime, for those of you who can read Chinese, those of you who are willing to take the time to use Google Translate, or those of you who just think it's pretty cool to look at a news item in Chinese knowing that it's about yours truly (I fall into this latter category):
 - http://edu.sina.com.cn/a/2010-11-23/1131195752.shtml: "An Eyewitness Account of the 2010 Beijing Foreign Exchange Students' Chinese Debate Tournament"
 - http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/gjJx0URcP2I/: 27-second news clip from the Beijing nightly news about the finals. I look rather dumb in every single shot.
 - http://cul.cn.yahoo.com/ypen/20101122/94791.html: "2010 Beijing Higher Education Foreign Exchange Students' Chinese Debate Tournament A Success" (includes a few photos)

I hope we can put a video up at some point. I have the recording of the first round and would like to put that up some day in the early morning when the internet is running at a reasonable speed - but the one I really want is from the 3rd round (semi-finals), when we all (self included) performed quite well and beat out what was probably the strongest team in the tournament. The second and final rounds are both too embarrassing to share.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
~E

2 comments: